Sunday, January 1, 2012

Favorite 11 of 2011


So I thought it would be fun to pick 11 of my favorite products for 2011 at first I wasn’t sure if I could pick 11 since it seemed like a lot but once I started looking through all my products it was easy and I’m sure I could have even picked more than 11. But I wanted to include items that I use on almost a daily basis that I truly have a love for.

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional –
I’ve found this to be a great primer since it aids in oil control, my foundation also applies more flawlessly and I find it last longer as well.
Urban Decay De Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray –
I definitely noticed a difference the first time I used this product, I spray this on after I’ve applied everything and I found that my makeup lasts longer to where I hardly have to touch anything up and it also keeps the shine away. 
Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Perversion –
This is literally my holy grail of liquid liners and I have tried quite a few from high end to drugstore and I’m really particular when it comes to liquid liners as I always wing out my liner so I have to make sure my liner will last all day and this one does just that. It applies smooth and opaque and it lasts for hours for example from the time I have to be at work at 6 in the morning till that night and it doesn’t “peel” off like some liquid liners do.
Katy Perry “Purr” –
This has been my go to perfume since I got it, so far I’ve used about half the bottle and definitely plan to pick a new one up once this is gone. I typically hate celebrity fragrances since they’re always so strong, overpowering and incredibly sweet smelling blech, but Katy Perry really outdid herself with this one, not to mention the cute packing to boot!
Too Faced Shadow Insurance –
This is also a Holy Grail product for me, I’ve tried Urban Decay’s Primer potion and while I did like it I prefer Too Faced since for me my shadows seems to perform and apply better and more vibrantly plus I find that it lasts longer.
Mario Badescu Control Cream –
I use this as a daily moisturizer since I have combination skin and also a bit of red “flushed” looking patches and this cream works wonderfully for both and feels soothing and calming, it applies cool, thick and creamy and soaks into the skin without leaving a “greasy” after feeling like most cream products can.
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Light Medium –
This would also have to be one of my Holy Grail products, I’ve used several other powder products but none that are as long lasting as this one, with other powder products I would have to touch up throughout the day but this one lasts and looks great for hours, it also looks and feels natural, and I’ve never had any issues with caking or creasing into fine lines.
MAC Lightscapade Mineralize Skinfish –
I remember reading about this before it was re-released and dreaming about it since I would have never spent the outrageous ebay prices for it, lol so once it was re-released I made sure to hit my Mac counter bright and early to snatch it up and for me it was definitely worth all the hype. I find this product to be simply wonderful and versatile as a highlighter for the cheeks, bridge of the nose, brow bone, and tear duct or just a light all over dusting for a glowy radiant look.
Sigma Round Kabuki F82 –
This brush has definitely become my favorite go to foundation applicator, it applies my foundation better than any other brush I’ve used and because of the denseness it buffs the foundation really well giving me a smooth even finish and because of the round edges it makes blending much easier. 
MAC 226 –
This is the newer 226 that was repromoted awhile ago in the Mac Me over Collection I believe and while there was a ton of drama over how tapered it was in comparison to the older 226, I found it to be perfectly tapered to my needs and it works great, the bristles are soft yet firm which allows for light and precise blending.
Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 –
I picked this up on a whim one day since I had heard nothing but amazing reviews about it, and all I can say is I wish I would have pick it up sooner since it really works wonders. I love the packaging since it squeezes out lightly so you don’t end up wasting any, and it is the most moisturizing lip balm I’ve ever used. I especially like putting it on at night and when I wake up I can still feel it on working its magic, haha. I can only find the Mint one at my local Ulta so I ended up pick up the Balm Squad Lip Quad from Nordstrom so I could keep them stashed all over from my night stand, to my purse, car, etc. My favorite one out of the bunch would be the Lemon & Chamomile since the smell reminds me of Lemon pez :D

No comments:

Post a Comment