Sunday, January 29, 2012

Finger Paints Special Effects Flake Collection

From left to right: Twisted, Asylum, Motley, Flecked, Flashy


I have no idea how I didn’t know about this collection before but I’m glad I stopped by my local Sally’s earlier this week just on the offhand chance I might find some fun new polishes to pick up. As soon as I saw the Finger Paints display with flakey polishes I got really excited and ran over to grab one I actually thought they were all the same at first but at a second glance I noticed they were different and started inspecting them all so one my first trip I was only able to pick up 3 out of 5 shades since Twisted and Motley were sold out but luckily the girls at my Sally’s told me to come back on Thursday since that’s when their truck comes in so I went back and was able to pick up the other two for a complete set!

From left to right: Twisted, Asylum, Motley, Flecked, Flashy


Twisted is a clear base with a rainbow of flake colors from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
Asylum is a clear base with orange/red blue/purple flakes.
Motley is a clear base with blue/purple green flakes.  
Flecked is a clear base with bright green flakes.
Flashy is a clear base with orange/red yellow flakes.

These polishes are exclusive to Sally Beauty stores and limited edition I believe and are in store only which is definitely the biggest downside if you don’t happen to have a Sally Beauty store close by. But these polishes are really affordable at $4.99 each if you have a Sally’s card or $5.49 each without a Sally’s card.
I absolutely love these polishes the formula is great not too thin or thick and have a good dry time. Also there’s a ton of flakes that are large and show up really well, these would look good at just one coat but two coats is perfect which is what I swatched them at above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment