Saturday, December 31, 2011

MAC Daphne Guinness Pigments Review/Swatches

From left to right: Aurora, Nebula, Circa Plum

Lately I’ve found all the new MAC collections to be a bit lackluster, especially the holiday collection that I had high hopes for but the only thing I picked up was the Shimmermint Mineralize Eye Shadow because I’m a sucker for green shadows and this one I felt was unique and like nothing I already owned. The last MAC Collection that I had any real interest in was the Fall Colour Collection mainly for Lightscapade and the three limited edition pigments.
So when the Daphne Guinness collection launched on the 26th the only thing that really grabbed my interest were the pigments, since I’m not really huge into lip glass products just because I don’t tend to wear them, the quality of the quads didn’t seem that great, and I’m not a huge fan of MAC polishes for one because of the quality for the most part and I think for the price they just aren’t as up to par as other brands that cost far less. Although I would recommend picking up the blush ombre’s as I own both from a previous collection and love them.
I only picked up Aurora and Nebula since I already own Circa Plum which is why the packaging is different.
All three pigments are limited edition, with Circa Plum being a repromote.

From left to right: Aurora, Nebula, Circa Plum
Top swatch is applied dry with no primer
Bottom swatch is applied wet with no primer

Aurora (pinked taupe) is a neutral-cool light champagne with a frosted finish that when applied wet translate more metallic.
Nebula (dark greyed brown with pearl) is a deep chocolate brown with light shimmers also when applied wet translates more metallic with more dimension from the light shimmer
Circa Plum (frosty dirty mid-tone lavender) is a rosy plum with a frosted finish, also my swatch may vary from the new release as mine is from a previous launch.

Overall these colors have good color payoff and pigmentation giving you an even finish. I found they both applied well wet or dry and the textures are soft and smooth allowing for ease of blending.

Availability: maccosmetics.com $20 each

No comments:

Post a Comment