Friday, January 27, 2012

My 8 Makeup Essentials!


I decided it would be fun to share a few different types of items that I find absolutely essential and use on a daily basis

Lipblams/Chapstick
I have a huge obsession with just about any type of lipblams or chapsticks I love them and always have a ton in my purse and always seem to buy more than what I can use. The obsession definitely started when I was younger and I remember always getting packs of the Lip Smackers in my stocking for Christmas and I still love them, I also really like the Bath & Body Works and Victoria’s Secret one, I especially like the MAC Lip Gelee’s but by far the Jack Black Lip Balms are the best hands down since they not only taste good, haha but they have SPF and do the best job of moisturizing for hours at the time. 

Eye Liner
A classic black shade is a necessity in my book and can be applied in many ways to define the eyes and also a white liner to help open the eyes and make them look more awake. I would also opt for a creamy eye liner that glides on well especially if you have sensitive eye a few of my favorites are Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray, MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Urban Decay’s classic 24/7 liner in Zero as well as Urban Decays new Perversion 24/7 liner.
Although the biggest essential of mine is liquid liner, I don’t think I could survive without liquid liner since regular stick liners just don’t cut it for me when lining my eyes I need something that is going to be opaque and long lasting throughout the day and to be accurate since I always, always wing out my liner I just feel naked if it’s not winged so liquid liner is a must and Urban Decay’s liquid liner in perversion is my favorite product that I will buy for the rest of my life.

Foundation
Foundation is definitely important just to help even out your skin tone or any discoloration and you don’t need to slather it all over your face leaving you with cake face just enough to for a good all over even finish. There’s a ton to choose from when searching for your perfect foundation such as oil free, moisturizing, full coverage, tinted moisturizers, etc the list goes on so when searching for a good foundation make sure to keep your receipts that way if it doesn’t work return and try again.

Setting
Also important especially if you happen to have oily skin since a quick light dusting of setting powder whether this is translucent or one to match your skin as this will help set your makeup and help to control shine throughout the day.

Primer
I feel like this helps set the foundation of your skin for everything, I use to never use a primer but a few years ago when I started using one I immediately noticed the difference especially in how much better my foundation applied over a smooth base and lasted longer throughout the day.

Concealers
I feel like having a good concealer or even multiple ones to be an ultimate everyday part of my makeup routine so you definitely want to pick a creamy formula that works for you to help hide possible under eye circles, blemishes, so I like to apply it under my eyes, bridge of my nose, and my chin.

Mascara
I never go anywhere without my mascara, since mascara is one of the best ways to define your eyes and enhance your lashes. So I always curl my lashes and apply about two coats of mascara.

Brushes
A good makeup brush can definitely make a difference in your makeup, the little sponge applicators that come with drugstore palettes just doesn’t compare, but over the years I have become fairly good at using them if absolutely needed. So if you’re just starting out Craft Store brushes at your local Art & Hobby stores are good cheap starters such as Lowe Cornell brushes, but in the long run it’s best to invest, MAC Cosmetics makes great brushes and of course Sigma, I absolutely love their brushes especially for the fact you can purchase different styles and types of brush sets that are affordable and great quality.  

So what are some of your makeup essentials or favorite items you couldn’t live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment