Saturday, January 14, 2012

Medusa Makeup Electro Eye Shadow Collection

Top row; left to right:
Electro Black, Electro Turquoise, Electro Indigo, Electro Blue
Middle row; left to right:
Electro White, Electro Pink, Electro Purple, Electro Red
Bottom row; left to right:
Electro Green, Electro Kiwi, Electro Yellow, Electro Orange

Medusa Makeup in another one of my favorite indie type brands that still may not be quite as well known, so if you’re familiar with Sugarpill and love the color selection then Medusa Makeup maybe right up your alley! I purchased the Electro Eye Shadow Collection quite awhile ago which is why my set differs from the one on the site currently as mine has Electro Indigo and not Electro Magenta which looks to have replaced this color so I believe the formula may be a bit different since they did end up reformulating the shadows but as far as I can tell the packaging should be the same.
So for the packaging, the shadows come in a round shiny black pot with a clear flat flip top lid with the companies name printed on the lid and the back of the pot also has the shadows names and ingredients listed which is nice especially if your into de-potting your shadows so I’m sure these would be relatively easy to depot similar to the MAC eye shadow pots if you wanted as the packaging is fairly similar.
I find all the shadows to have good pigmentation some better than others but for a full bright opaque look you may need to pack the color on a bit and they all blend well, plus I really like that all of them have small micro sparkles not anything obnoxious like Urban Decays Midnight Cowboy for instance where you end up with a ton of fall out but enough to add just a bit of sparkle. The texture of these do feel more on the powdery side which may just be since mine are from an older batch so I find these work best over a primer in order to obtain the best opaque coverage.
My favorite eye shadows out of the bunch would be Electro Turquoise and Electro Pink which definitely ranks in my top 5 favorite pink shadows because of the pigmentation and vibrancy.

Electro Black, Electro Turquoise, Electro Indigo, Electro Blue

Electro White, Electro Pink, Electro Purple, Electro Red

Electro Green, Electro Kiwi, Electro Yellow, Electro Orange

Overall I really enjoy all the shadows in this collection and use them quite a bit so I would recommend checking them out if you love bright colors or if you like more subtle subdued colors then their Safari Eye Shadow Collection may be something to look into since the colors in this set are a little bit more toned down. I actually plan on picking up the Safari Eye Shadow Collection next since I really enjoy the Electro set.

$8 individual eye shadows
$58 for the Electro Eye Shadow Collection
Availability: www.medusamakeup.com

Also there is a 15% code floating around that can be used which I’m not sure when it expires but with free shipping over $50 and 15% off, the grand total in US dollars should come to: $49.30
Discount Code: MEOW

No comments:

Post a Comment