Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butter London Holiday Dressing Table Tart with a Heart & The Black Knight. Swatches & Review



This is my very first Butter London purchase, I’ve heard many good things about the brand so far but in terms of the color selection and the price tag of $14 a bottle I haven’t been interested in trying any of the polishes since for me a lot of the colors don’t seem worth it when you can get the same type of colors for cheaper from brands like China Glaze, OPI, Zoya, etc.
But when I saw this set I knew I had to have it specifically for The Black Knight polish since this one seemed unique and not like anything else I owned.
They both come packed on this blue cardboard makeup like table which while cute is incredibly flimsy and really just for looks since it really isn’t meant to stand on its own with the weight of two top heavy polishes on top making it unstable.
But the polishes are gorgeous; The Black Knight has a black base with black, pink, blue and silver glitter and applies fairly opaque in two coats. I definitely recommend a top coat with this one since after application the glitters can look a bit dull and flat but adding a top coat like Seche Vite for instance will bring it to life and really showcase the beautiful combination of glitter. Tart with a Heart is described as a “pink glitter with a pale pink parade of glitter” but to me it translates more as a cloudy light pink clear base with mostly small gold glitter with larger round pink toned opalescent glitter flecks, and while this one is more sheer you could still wear it alone at about two to three coats since then it appears more dense, usually with glitter polishes like this I prefer to layer it over another color but the more I wore it after swatching it grew on me and I actually would wear it alone since it comes across simple and elegant but still fun if that makes sense, haha.

Butter London The Black Knight

Butter London Tart with a Heart

Overall I really like this set and am glad that I picked it up and think it was worth the $25 price tag, though I doubt I’ll be running out anytime soon to purchase any other colors from the brand since these were really the only stand outs to me. Also both of these polishes are limited edition I believe so if either of them peak your interest you may want to try and pick them up soon while you can.

Here are a few sites where you can purchase either polishes or the set from:

No comments:

Post a Comment