Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Drugstore Polish Haul – Review/Swatches Part 2


Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color – Caribbean Frost
Caribbean Forest is a medium emerald shimmery green with a shimmery metallic finish.
I really can’t remember the last time I picked up any Wet n Wild polishes since I tend to get caught up in all the higher brand collections along the way but after I picked up a few from the Color Icon collection I figured I would grab a few others to give a try. This color was the only one that really stood out against all the others on the end cap so for $0.99 I figured why not. Overall a great purchase especially for $1, it applied smooth, dried fairly fast and had perfect opaque coverage in 3 coats.

Wet n Wild Fast Dry Nail Color – Teal of Fortune
Teal of Fortune is a deep teal jelly based color with iridescent gold and teal glitter throughout that translates more shimmery once applied.
This color applied a bit too sheer for my preference, and with 3 coats I could still see my nail underneath, but overall it still applied well and dried fast but I wish it would have been a little more dense and creamier. This is a really pretty color and for $1.99 still a good polish and a cheaper alternative to similar more expensive polishes like OPI Catch me in your net or perhaps Zoya’s Charla. The biggest downside that makes me not want to wear it again is the fact it stained my nails quite a bit making it more annoying to try and remove so that’s something to take into consideration if your thinking about picking up this polish.

Wet n Wild Fast Dry Nail Color – Gray’s Anatomy
Gray’s Anatomy is a silvery grey, purple, green and blue semi-sheer duo-chrome color.
This color takes about 3-4 coats for a full opaque coverage and dries fairly fast in between coats; personally I wish the duo-chrome would have been a bit stronger but still a pretty finish. This is also supposed to be a great dupe of Deborah Lippmann’s Wicked Game so this is certainly a cheaper alternative at $1.99 versus $16.00. While this polish looks nice on its own I would probably use it more so for layering purposes.

 
Pure Ice Nail Lacquer – Pure Ice Busted
Pure Ice Busted is a sheer purple tinted polish with purple and pink duo-chrome flecks of shimmer.
This shade is incredibly sheer even at 3 coats so this is definitely best used for layering, this color would look stunning over purple, lavender or even a black polish. Other than the sheerness this is a great polish and dries fast as well. So at $1.99 this is a great buy for a nice duo-chrome.

Sinful Colors Professional Nail Enamel – Snow Me White
Snow Me White is a white polish with a cream finish. I haven’t been able to find a really good white polish since all the ones I pick up tend to be too sheer but this one was surprising pretty good mostly in the fact that color was actually opaque in 3 coats. This can apply a bit streaky so you do need to practice a bit patience when applying also with the addition of a good top coat you really can’t notice any streaks which helps makes up for that. Otherwise the formula was good and fairly thick and dried fast, so all around a really good inexpensive well done white polish for about $2-3 dollars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment