Friday, January 20, 2012

Kat Von D High Voltage Lacquer Review/Swatches

From left to right: No Regrets, Wonderchild, Mad Max


I was really excited to see that Kat Von D has added nail polishes to her Sephora line so I definitely wanted to try them out, I actually purchased these blind not really knowing much about them as I couldn’t find a lot of information or swatches for them but I did know the bottles were smaller so while $12 a bottle seemed a bit pricey I still wanted to give them a try. I only picked up 3 out of the four shades available, so I got No Regrets, Wonderchild and Mad Max the other shade is Sparklehorse which is a bright shimmery yellow, also all four shades are also limited edition.

No Regrets is a bright pink fuchsia with iridescent shimmer throughout, there is a very slight duo-chrome effect that flashes different shades of pink.

Wonderchild is a dark toned purple with iridescent shimmer throughout, this one has the most duo-chrome out of the three that flashes different shades of blue-purple tones, and light red purple tones.

Mad Max is a medium blue/turquoise with iridescent shimmer throughout, this one has a slight duo-chrome effect that flashes different shades of pink and purple.

Overall I really like all three of them with Wonderchild being my favorite out of the three and I actually really enjoy Mad Max and I usually don’t like blue polishes at all mainly because where I work has made me hate the color blue, haha but Mad Max is really nice especially with the light pink and purple flashes. The formula on these are good although I personally thought they were a little on the sheer side but easy to build up for an opaque coverage in 3-4 coats although I could still see my nail underneath in direct light. Otherwise they all applied smooth and dried fast, they definitely do not have that much of a duo-chrome effect as some of the promo pictures on Sephora’s site shows so they’re not as unique as they seem but they’re still really good polishes.
The biggest downside is the fact that these bottles are so small (0.25fl) and they retail for $12 each which I personally think it a bit ridiculous especially when these polishes are not necessary that unique to help counter the price tag so if the bottle size was a bit bigger than the price would not be that much of a concern. But all in all it’s still a great product besides the lack of opacity, not a true duo-chrome finish and bottle size.

Availability: www.sephora.com $12 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment