Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rainbow Leopard Nails & Cheesecake Bites

I wanted to share a couple of my all time favorite videos/tutorials from one of my favorite beauty guru’s sayanythingbr00ke that I absolutely love so the videos that I have to share with you all are her Rainbow Leopard Nail Tutorial and her Easy Cheesecake Bites Recipe.

Rainbow Leopard Nails
Ever since I saw her tutorial for these nails this has become my favorite nail look to do. Like Brooke mentions in her video I also find the nail look to be very reminiscent of Lisa Frank which I loved as a child especially all the stickers, I was a sticker fanatic, haha.
I also used most of the polishes she used in the video for this look because I have the entire China Glaze OMG set and they are definitely some of my favorite polishes of all time since they’re really beautiful holographic polishes and they do dry really fast so you definitely don’t have to wait long at all between making the stripes. And it’s easy to do even on your non dominant hand for example the picture I have posted below is of my left hand which is my dominant hand and the stripes came out pretty well.
So if you haven’t checked out Konad yet, I definitely recommend it especially so you can create fun nail looks like this one because you will certainly get a lot of complements!

Left to right: L8R G8R, QT, LOL




Cheesecake Bites
The second video I have to share is Brooke’s Easy Cheesecake Bites recipe, if you like/love cream cheese then this recipe is for you! This is incredibly easy to make and the only thing you may need to go out and pick up is an 8oz pack of cream chesse and a pack of crescent rolls and maybe some powdered sugar if you don’t have any on hand.
I’ve made this numerous amounts of times because they are so good and incredibly addictive, haha. I actually made this about a year ago for my mom on Mother’s day since I like baking her cookies so I decided to make this to go along with her cookies and now she asks me to make them for every occasion; for Mother’s day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, her birthday, haha she loves them and she’s actually never tried cream cheese before so they’re definitely worth at least trying. :)
Also I actually omit the vanilla extract from both parts when I make these just because I like the taste better without the vanilla since it tastes more cheese cake-ish, lol.



What you’ll need for reference:
“1 pkg. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (regular or reduced fat)
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened (if you use the reduced fat it’s already soft)
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
½ tsp. vanilla extract

Bake 10-13 minutes in preheated 375 deg. Oven till golden brown. Let cool completely.

ICING:
1 cup (approx.) powdered confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
SMALL amt. of milk to spreading consistency

Frost when cool. Refrigerate, preferably overnight for best cheescake like taste. Cut into serving pieces on the diagonal or as desired. Keep cold till serving time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment