Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugarpill Burning Heart & Sweetheart Palette + Bulletproof Pressed Eyeshadow Review/Swatches



If you haven’t heard of Sugarpill yet which I’m sure many of you have by now Sugarpill was founded by Amy who I think is mostly commonly known as Shrinkle from Ebay where she sells Kryolan cosmetics and her own fabulous DIY clothes. Sugarpill debuted in 2010 offering the most bold, vibrantly pigmented shadows I can honestly say I’ve ever tried! Currently Sugarpill offers two different 4-Color pan pressed eye shadow palettes, 9 pressed eye shadows, 18 Chromalust Loose eye shadows, and lashes.
The packing alone is amazing from the case to the palette with the design actually printed onto the palette, the palette itself is made of up a super sturdy heavy cardboard with a magnetic closure which is little heavy in comparison to other palettes which can be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective, what makes it heavy is the fact that it is magnetized to hold the pans in place and that it comes with a full mirror. The shadows fit snuggly so you wouldn’t have to worry about them popping out or moving around when traveling, and you can also remove the shadows to pop into another palette as well which I really love since most brands palettes have their eye shadows glued in which makes transferring shadows a pain as you almost always end up destroying the packaging in the process.


 Burning Heart Palette
Flamepoint (matte orange)
Buttercupcake (matte yellow)
Love+ (true red semi-matte finish)
Poison Plum (violet semi-matte finish)


 Sweetheart Palette
Dollipop (matte hot pink)
Afterparty (matte bright blue)
Midori (bright teal-green with slight shimmer)
Tako (matte white)


 Left: Sugarpill Bulletproof and Right: MAC Carbon for comparison in pigmentation.

And to round out all the pressed shadows currently available here’s Bulletproof which is my new favorite black shadow much better than MAC’s Carbon eye shadow, Bulletproof is a deep dark black and like the rest of the shadows applies smoothly. The packaging for the individual shadows is also nice with a matte black plastic flat bottom and semi dome shaped clear plastic flip top lid with the Sugarpill logo printed on it.

All shadows have excellent pigmentation that apply rich and vibrantly and have a soft smooth texture, I found them all to be very blendable and easy to work with. The pans are huge as well much larger than a MAC shadow, they are about the size of Make Up For Ever shadows. I really can’t say enough good things about Sugarpills pressed eye shadows so if you love bright colors especially as much as I do then you should definitely check out Sugarpill!

Availbility: www.sugarpillshop.com
Palettes $34
Individual Pressed Shadows $12 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'm always looking for good matte blacks-I incorporate it in nearly every eye look I do-I have hooded eyes, so even with a lighter or neutral look I'll use a little black to deepen whatever color's in the outer corner, otherwise you can't see it that well on my eyes. But I always prefer the most pigment, & then I can wear it as is or sheer it out. This one looks really nice! I never understand why Mac doesn't improve Carbon, as it's not a good matte black. So far my fav matte blacks are NYX ES01-Black, Urban Decay Blackout, & the black that's in Sleek's V2 Ultra Matte palette. So I'd like to try this to see how it compares-looks really nice here!

    ReplyDelete