Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Expansion!


So the other day I went to my local MAC counter to pick up a new MSF face powder since I needed a backup and while looking at the display several of the mineralize eyeshadows to the right of the MSF’s caught my eye and I knew instantly they were the mineralize eyeshadows from the Style Black collection so I made sure to pick them up to double check that I wasn’t crazy and indeed they were the same so I asked one of the employees about them and come to find out MAC just re-released them this month and they are going to stick around for a year so if any of you missed out on these now is the time to pick them up!
I was so bummed since the only one I was missing from the Style Black collection was Gilt by Association which seems to be one of the most coveted ones from the collection and just out of curiosity when I came home I did a quick eBay search to see what they’ve been going for and there were two listings; one at $60 and another at $90 I think, so I was super excited to finally pick it up at retail cost. MAC also released a new shade along with the four current shades called Smutty Green which is gorgeous and a must have for me since I love greens. (Please note swatch photos of Blue Flame, Young Punk and Cinderfella are from an older batch/release)


 
Mineralize Eyeshadows:
Cinderfella is a black base with silver black glitter/shimmer
Blue Flame is a black base with navy blue glitter/shimmer
Young Punk is a black base with purple pink glitter/shimmer
Smutty Green is a black base with green gold glitter/shimmer
Gilt by Association is a black base with golden bronze glitter/shimmer

Swatched Dry with no primer
From left to right: Cinderfella, Blue Flame, Young Punk, Smutty Green, Gilt by Association

Swatched Wet
From left to right: Cinderfella, Blue Flame, Young Punk, Smutty Green, Gilt by Association

Availability: www.maccosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment