Monday, February 20, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Collection




China Glaze has released a new line of magnetic polishes which consists of six magnetic polishes plus a three pattern magnet that is sold separately that has a starburst pattern, a 45 degree angle stripe pattern and a chevron pattern. I’m really excited that China Glaze has released a magnetic collection since a lot of the other brands that have done magnetic polishes don’t seem as available locally other than ordering online although I have seen the Nails Inc at Ulta recently but at the price tag of $16 so it’s nice to see China Glaze create a magnetic collection at a cheaper cost and full size bottle.
This is the first time I used magnetic polishes so while it wasn’t difficult to figure out it did take awhile to get the method down from trial and error, one of the biggest problems I had was getting the pattern to work on my index finger which is because my index finger has a curved nail while the rest of my nails are fairly straight which is why in the swatches you’ll notice that nail has the least amount of pattern transfer. Also I did find that positioning the magnet further back from the cuticle helped to get the pattern to transfer more evenly and centered on the nail. Other than that I didn’t encounter any problems, the formula on these were great; nice and thick and all of them were pretty opaque in one coat, Cling On and You Move Me were the only one where I needed to apply an additional coat since they were a bit sheer.
As far as application I applied a base coat and then worked one nail at a time with the polish and magnet since these dry fast and you need them to still be wet for the magnet to work and for a more opaque I applied the magnetic polish to my nails and waited for them to dry and then did the same with working one nail at a time with the polish and magnet, also you’ll want to make sure your nails are dried completely before applying a top coat so the pattern doesn’t smear for reference I use the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
Overall I really love this collection, I only wish the magnet were a bit stronger since I did have to hold the magnet over my nail for about 20-30 seconds for the pattern to show up strong and clear and even then I had some problems so I really want to try these with a different magnet to see how much of a difference it makes so I’ll probably pick up a few bottles of the Nails Inc to give them a go plus I really want to try their teal shade, also when I was talking to my husband about these polishes he said he’d bring me home a magnet from his work to try since he works in a calibrating lab and they have strong magnets that they discard out of watt meters so I’m excited to see how that will work.

Cling On is an olive green with light silver shimmer.

You Move Me is a medium golden brown satin.

Attraction is a dark grey with silver shimmer.

Instant Chemistry is a mauve burgundy satin.

Drawn To You is a medium grape purple with light pink and red shimmer.

Pull Me Close is a blue grey satin.

No comments:

Post a Comment