Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nail Polish Collection/Storage



My current collection consists of three polish racks that hold approximately 90 polishes each, I purchased these racks from transdesign.com and while I absolutely love them as you can clearly see I’ve run out of room for my polish, I do have some additional stranglers currently stored in some plastic Sterilite containers; like the ones you can get from office depot, Wal-Mart, etc.
So I’m currently exploring different avenues in which to store them all since I really love my polish racks but I simply can’t justify having more than three polish racks on the wall, haha. I prefer the look and organization of polish racks since I can see them better and easily get to the polish I’m looking for and I really hate using the Sterilite storage containers since the organization looks messy to me so the plan I’ve come up with is to either buy or make some sort of wooden cabinet that a nail polish rack would fit in upright and on its side and to somehow attach the polish rack to some sort of sturdy track so I could easily pull the polish rack out and roll in back into the cabinet, this way I could possibly fit multiple racks inside the cabinet, now just to get the boy to build it for me, lol.
I think for the most part nail polish junkies seem to organize their polish by color, but I prefer organizing by brand and then collection since this way all the bottle shapes and sizes match up and appear more uniformed.

The first polish rack holds some Sally Hansen Chrome polishes, several drugstore brands, Color Club, excess China Glaze, Zoya, and a few Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes.

The second polish rack holds nothing but China Glaze.

The third holds OPI, Orly, Essie, Mac polishes and my Mac pigments and a few other random polishes as well as top coats/bases. 



No comments:

Post a Comment